Saturday, February 9, 2008

Timecode trouble

So filming went better than could have been expected. With a day and a half of shooting, and no real run-ins, I couldn't have been happier. The only scare my team had was the second day of editing, we ran into some trouble with capturing and timecode errors. I know we played back about 3 to 4 takes on the camera for each tape during our shoot, which can often lead to these timecode breaks. However, when we went to capture, more breaks appeared than expected; around every 5-10 seconds or so. After one bad night editing, and one helpful meeting with our prof, we had worked out the errors and was able to rescue the footage without having to reshoot. My team was able to put together a decent roughcut in the end. I am looking forward to watching everyone else's Monday.

No comments: