Monday, February 4, 2008

Finally Filming

Well, we filmed all of the flashbacks on Thursday. Planning to film the rest tonight. I got lucky with the student from the audio class. Not only is he doing everything needed for audio, he's helping to setup lights, pulling a dolly, and a bunch of other random tasks, that in result, take some pressure off me. Filming the "execution" scene was interesting. I may have made it a little too gruesome, but nothing like "Saw." More like Hitchcock's Psycho. I used a small plastic syringe to shoot blood on the forearms of the lead actress, while filming at an angle so you cannot see her hands. As if the dog is being ground up and spraying blood and what not... Tonight should be another steady-paced, easy, shoot. I have used a combination of storyboards and a shot list to keep me focused. As usual I expect to film something in two hours and it takes five, but even so, I think tonight is our last night of filming... Hopefully.

No comments: