Monday, February 4, 2008

Shooting is Taking Longer Than Expected

My team and I had hoped to get filming done by the end of the weekened, but that wasn't the case. We got a late start on Friday night, which kept us from completing the scenes that were on the schedule. We scheduled to finish on Sunday, but at the last minute the location was not the available. The person who lives in the house was out of town. So, for right now, things are going pretty slow. I wanted to get the rough cut done early, so I would have more time to fix the problems needed. Also, the movie is going to need some extensive after effects work. Every project has its little problems... We only have two scenes left to shoot. I have been editing the piece as we go along, so I am not behind on that aspect. We are shooting again this Friday. It won't be long now before our filming is completed. As of right now, I am about 80% satisfied with what we have shot. One of the scenes ended up being a little too dark for my taste. I will try some color correction to fix that -- I'll probably have to reshoot that scene. Despite the slow pace, I will still be schedule with the due date for the rough cut.

No comments: