Sunday, January 27, 2008

Set-backs and Finish-ups

So, we filmed last weekend and everything was looking really good time-wise, and I was pretty stoked about finishing up this weekend. That is, until I went in on Thursday to capture some of the footage so that my editor friend could see what we've done so far.
Turns out, the tape was all messed up. Timecode breaks like nobody's business. Not a single bit of footage was able to be captured.

I was bummed. Extremely so.

But, I talked to my crew and Stephanie (my co-producer/actor), and we planned out how to fit in re-shooting the scenes and finishing up the ones we hadn't filmed as well, and other than like, 2 scenes, we finished filming this weekend (or so I hope).

I'm pretty excited to start piecing it all together and seeing how it looks as a cohesive unit. Hopefully everything looks great and we won't have to re-shoot anything else before the rough cut is due. And, depending on how much gets done, I might have an okay amount of time to relax or plot how to fix things before the cut-to-time is due. That would be wondrous.

1 comment:

andynotjamesbond said...

That sounds strange. Was the head dirty on the camera?

Can you view the footage on the tape at all? If it is just time code breaks you could probably get around it by doing Capture "Now".

I could take a look at it if you like.

-a