Sunday, January 27, 2008

Pre-Production Continues

I am still trying to set everything up to make sure the day of shooting rolls without any flaws, or as few as possible. My partner in the acting class is quite busy with a show that she is in, which is making it more difficult to lock down a solid shooting date. I imagine I will have it set by Tuesday. I spent most of this weekend acquiring props and testing some techniques that I plan to use. My plan is to go black and white, as a nod to Hitchcock, but then leave red as an active color. Just about every shot will contain an important item that is red. I tried this out using FCP and it looks pretty good. I have even found a way to keep something that is somewhat red in the shot, that should be black and white, to become black and white. I also did some experimentation with lighting for some of the night scenes. All in all, I'm a little worried about getting started, but once we lock down the filming dates, I should be alright.

1 comment:

andynotjamesbond said...

That's awesome. If you need it i could offer some help or suggestions with the color separation. below is a link to a video i did a couple years ago using keying and stuff all in FCP.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xKzoowGMtj4