Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Were we supposed to post for mon?

Looks like half did and half didn't.  I'll throw something in since I'm awake.  P1 is done....the audio team did a good job on the mix.  Wasn't as ideal as I wanted (some sound effects I specifically called for weren't even recorded) but it's pretty good.  One thing that is frustrating is that the audio mix is just an assignment for the audio team...while they did put in many long hours (that's part of the job for every aspect of filmmaking) I would consistently hear how there wasn't time, or it was too late now to fix/change/record what I asked for.  There are quite a few audio things that I will rectify if I ever revisit this film, but overall, they did a good job and were pretty good to work with.

P2 is exciting as hell.  I managed to clean up at the Casting Draft, and we got an amazing cast.  Laub's script is of course top-notch.  Have already discussed characters with actors, and have a creative meeting tomorrow with the full cast.  Me and Kathleen have discussed locations and are seeking permission for shooting after SB.  We have gone through the characters and I have sketched, then re-sketched digitally in Photoshop the Wardrobe Designs for each character and have posted JPEGS in File Exchange in our Group site on Blackboard.  Oh....and we're shooting this one in HD.

No comments: