Monday, January 14, 2008

The Beginning

I am a huge fan of Poe, and I think this script is a solid adaptation of A Tell Tale Heart. I know Sam Price pretty well, so if I want to make changes I think getting a hold of him should be easy. Because I don't know many actors, so I'm hoping my partner will be able to help quite a bit with casting the film. I'd like to blend this film into a dark comedy, but still remain true to the original story. I'm a big fan of awkward humor, and an excellent moment for that is when the dog's owner finally talks to the lead in the doorway. That is a great setup for humor using reaction shots and "awkwardness." In terms of pre-production, I haven't made much progress. I have spoken with my partner about our "plan of attack" for this film, but we are waiting to have a real meeting until we have another class. I imagine we will have a sit down meeting this week to begin our work on the film.

No comments: