Sunday, February 24, 2008

ADR and communication issues

At the beginning of the week, everything was going great. I had the video all done and there seemed to be no problems getting it onto the pro-tools program. Even better, my audio people were actually responding. I had a time reserved to do ADR on Friday and turned out my actress couldn't make it. We still got some ADR done because the other actor was able to make it. However from there, the communication has dropped dramatically. I tried to contact my actress several times to try and figure out when she was available to do her part of ADR, but she didn't start responding till Saturday morning (actually really late Friday night after I was already asleep). By the time I got the email and looked at the times, everything was full.

At this point I don't really know what to do. I sent Swingley an email yesterday to ask for his advice and told him we would be willing to go in at 4 in the morning if we have to. I know he does freelance work on weekends, so he hasn't responded to me yet. Hopefully we can get this all worked out, but right now I am a little on the edge. Why can't people just check their cell phones like most normal people do? Especially when you know you are a part of a crunch time scenario.

No comments: