Monday, April 21, 2008

Wasteland Update

Teenage Wasteland is finished, and I am very happy with the final product. I find myself constantly wishing I could go back and do things differently. Not because it was wrong the first time, but after watching the same footage over and over, you pick up on possible improvements. I know Kubrick struggled to finish films on time because he would constantly find other ways to make his shots "perfect." The reality is, I don't think any film or shot is perfect, and a filmmaker can kill themselves trying to find perfection.

Most of the experiences I had in the CEC were a great opportunity to learn things about making films. I think filmmaking is something you have to learn by going out and trying to make a film. Certain things can't be taught out of a book. I'm really tired, and I'm going to sleep before class, then write a 15 page paper that has been in the back seat for the past two weeks.

No comments: