Monday, February 11, 2008

Head Cleaners

Mini DV Head Cleaning Tape. Buy one. Price range is about $10 to $20 dollars. For those of you shooting with the Sony PD150s you may have already encountered an instance where a dirty camera has ruined your tape and say five hours of shooting. This happened to me last Tuesday. Fortunately, I was able to regroup everyone this past Friday and reshoot. 90 percent of the time Mary and Co. does an excellent job of preparing the equipment and running a head cleaner through the cameras. However, I’d suggest having your own cleaning tape just to be safe.

Aside from that incident, I felt filming and the first round of editing went very well. I had a great crew each night and the actors were very easy to work with. Both actors even came in for an editing session which was a bit distracting but appreciated. As other people are mentioning, sound is also a huge hole in our film right now. I am in the process of making some notes for the audio crews for FX, ADR, and music.

No comments: