Thursday, January 10, 2008

Hate To Say I Settled

Just met with my theater counterpart for this project, Alli. Her and her roommate seem nice and I think she'll be fun to work with. We're both trying to get our bearings but once we do I'm sure it'll be a gas.

I was able to get a hold of the one of the writers and go over some ideas I had for the script. He was very receptive and a pleasure. It seems like the 3 minute restriction they had on their writing project hindered their adaptation of Poe's story. To fit such a character into 3 minutes is quite the feat. Thankfully we have no such restrictions.

We might be running into strains on location and other actors. The rewriting is making for a much more interesting piece but add just one more thing to think about and another and another. On the other hand, I absolutely hate to settle for the locations we can easily find rather than the ideal location. Without proper staging Tell-Tale Heart totally falls apart and is just sad to watch.

This should be a lot of fun. Just remember to breath.

-A

No comments: