Wednesday, January 9, 2008

the always-awkward first post

I figured I would wait until I met with my theatre partner to write my first blog, and now that we have, it’s bloggin’ time.

Basically, the format of this class is a lot different than I originally thought. I don’t know if they’ve changed it or if I had the wrong perception of the class, but I was really concerned on Monday when Tim told us that for the first project, we would direct and co-produce on our own, and have to find our own crew, actors, edit on our own, etc. That pretty much freaked me out and made me strongly consider dropping, just because of the workload.

I met with my theatre partner Stephanie today though, and after going over notes and discussing all the aspects of the first project, I feel a lot more relieved. We seem to really be on the same page as to what we want to do with the script, availabilities, and even when we want to shoot. Depending on how organized we get our team, we might be shooting as soon as this weekend if we can swing it, which I appreciate greatly. I know I’ve already tapped a few people for crew, and she’s going to recruit the other actor.

So, you know, maybe there’s hope after all. ;)

No comments: